How did Spring get here?! This year is whizzing by don’t you think? Well don’t worry, we have some lovely spring treats for you to keep this season in memory. Feast your eyes on these Eggtastic babies! Not only do you get the deliciousness of a buttery cupcake but also the added wondrous surprise of a Creme Egg!
I made these for my lovely marketing pod in work. It was Easter baking week so we all brought in a bake.
Many delights were baked and eaten – Chocolate Rice Krispie Cakes, Easter Rocky Road, Whoopie Pies, Cookies and Marble Cake!
the vanilla duck was certainly glad we could add to all the Easter offerings….
and yes we shall all diet next week😉
For more spring yummies take a look at last years posts to try!
Creme Egg Surprise Cupcakes
110 grams of plain flour
110 grams of caster sugar
110 grams of butter
1tsp baking powder
2 large eggs – beaten
Hint of vanilla
For the buttercream
100 grams of butter, softened
300 grams of icing sugar
2 tablespoons of whole milk
few drops pink food colouring
hint of vanilla
mini creme eggs – one for each cupcake
chocolate mini eggs
white chocolate chips
The How to
Preheat the oven to 150/Gas 3
1. In a bowl cream together the butter, vanilla and sugar
2. Add the eggs and half of the flour and mix well
3. Add the rest of the flour, salt and baking powder and beat until combine.
4. Half fill each cupcake case with the cake batter.
5. Pop a mini Creme Egg into the middle of each cupcake and gently push down.
6. Spoon more batter on the top to cover each egg.
7. Bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes
8. Leave to cool
9. Make the butter cream below
10. In a bowl, beat the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy
11. Add the vanilla and milk and beat again until soft and smooth.
12. Add the few drops of pink food colour and beat again to mix.
13. Transfer to a piping bag with a fitted nozzle.
14. Take the piping bag and pipe a swirl.
15. Top with white chocolate drops and chocolate mini eggs
These cupcakes with made with butter and other milk chocolate ingredients…we have yet to find a dairy free creme egg but when we do we shall be updating this post to make dairy free
Lots of Love